There are 2 record(s) that match your criteria.
1.Catalogue maps and plans, archival ephemera and other archival material.
2. Store archival materials and manage locations by means of up-to-date inventory controls
3. Research and write administrative histories, biographical sketches, and descriptions of historic sites and events to better document the contextual information of the permanent collection.
4. Perform other research as needed.
5. Prepare condition / Treatment reports and undertake basic conservation of artifacts.
6. Monitor and maintain a safe work area.
7. Perform other similar and related duties.
As a Snow Buddies volunteer, you will be matched with a senior in your neighbourhood to shovel their driveway/walkway during the winter season.
Responsible to: Service Coordinator, Snow Buddies and Home Maintenance
Description of Snow Buddies Volunteer Position:
- Volunteer will be matched with a senior or adult with a disability (“Snow Buddie”) in their neighbourhood to rake their leaves and/or shovel their driveway/walkway during the winter.
- Volunteer will communicate with their Snow Buddie via phone or in-person to discuss when snow shovelling will take place and what areas need to be shovelled.
- Volunteers are responsible for shoveling their Snow Buddies driveway/walkway within 24 hours of a heavy snowfall (5 cm or more).
- Volunteers will be provided with a shovel by their Snow Buddie. Volunteers are also permitted to bring their own shovel if they wish.
- Snow Buddies volunteers can volunteer individually, in groups, or as families.
*The use of an electric snowblower/leaf blower is not permitted*
- A volunteer application form to be submitted to the Snow Buddies Coordinator. Details found below.
- If volunteer is between 12 and 18, parental consent is needed.
- If over 18, vulnerable sector criminal record check is required.
- Possesses good communication skills.
- Must be reliable and able to follow directions.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
Once your application has been received, you will be contacted by the Snow Buddies Coordinator.