You performed a search for: Organization / Program Name(s): YWCA Niagara Region, Main Administration Office
There are 5 record(s) that match your criteria.
- call Bingo card winners
- greet individuals
- create a welcoming environment
- wear supplied t-shirt with black pants and closed toed shoes
- Assist with general repairs and maintenance of the buildings
- Assist with completing yard work and other outdoor maintenance
- Assist in cleaning up dishes after each meal
- Assist in tidying and mopping floors, etc.
- Assist in helping move donations when required
- Garbage removal
- Help prepare meals, i.e., peeling, cutting, cooking, etc.
- Maintain health regulations/standards while working in kitchen
- Take phone calls and messages for guests and staff
- Refer inquiries and client concerns to the appropriate person
- Assist with clerical needs of staff
- Ensure lobby is being used in appropriate manner (i.e. no horseplay, guests acting in appropriate manner)
- Accept donations and program fee payments, ensure they are put in the proper place and information is recorded properly.
No Fixed Address is a 24 hour Live-Out-of-Your-Car-a-Thon to raise awareness about poverty and homelessness in the Niagara Region, in addition to raising much needed funds for YWCA’s programs and services. Like a marathon or a walk-a-thon, participants will gather sponsorships from friends and family and take part in an event that gives them a taste of what it is like to have to live in their car.
When: Friday, June 8 - Saturday, June 9
Volunteer times take place Friday morning, afternoon, and evening and Saturday morning.
Where: General Motors, 570 Glendale Ave., St. Catharines
Please note that the event location is not accessible via public transit. Volunteers will be responsible for having reliable transportation to and from the event.
Volunteers will help with:
- Activities & Entertainment
- Traffic control
- Anything else that helps make this event a success!
To sign up, please complete the online registration form at http://www.nfaniagara.com/volunteer/.