You performed a search for: Organization / Program Name(s): Women's Place of South Niagara, Niagara Falls - Nova House
There are 1 record(s) that match your criteria.
• Responsible for the effective governance and strategic leadership of Women’s Place
• Influence the strategic plan for Women’s Place
• Attend monthly board meetings and the Annual General Meeting
• Participate as a member of at least one board committee (often requiring attendance at monthly meetings)
• Represent the agency in the communities Women’s Place serves
• Commit time as required to fulfill the responsibilities of a board member
We encourage candidates with:
• Experience with not-for-profit organizations
• Strong networking and communication skills
• Competency in one or more of the following areas: Organizational Management, Finance, Legal Services, Human Resources, Fundraising, Marketing/Public Relations, Government Relations or Advocacy. Please note that for this vacancy preference will be given to applicants with legal qualifications (or extensive experience/exposure in this area).
Board members hold office for a term of two years with renewal options for two subsequent two-year terms (six years in total). Board meetings typically take place at 6 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of each month at our Niagara Falls shelter, Nova House. A more detailed description of this volunteer position can be found on the Women’s Place website at www.womensplacesn.org.
Questions regarding Women’s Place or the application process can be directed to Jennifer McQuestion, Community Engagement Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-356-3933, ext 239. Applications will continue to be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.