Need help? Can't find a service? Dial 2-1-1 or 1-800-263-3695
24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Free | Confidential | Live Answer
You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Youth & Activity Camp Support
There are 2 record(s) that match your criteria.
[ Print Version (New Window)
Learning Disabilities Association of Niagara Region
Purpose: The position of Sunshine, Learning Achievement & More (S.L.A.M.) Program Volunteer supports the Learning Disabilities Association of Niagara Region’s summer program for children and youth (ages 6 -10) with learning difficulties and/or AD(H)D. This program is designed to motivate and help children gain confidence and academic success in reading and writing as well as make social skills gains. Children spend half the day on engaging, hands-on literacy and social skills activities and the remaining half on recreational activities, sports and crafts. It is also designed to help volunteers gain knowledge and experience in working with children who experience difficulties learning essential academic and social skills. Therefore this position is responsible for assisting in the coordination, safety, delivery, evaluation and supervision of the S.L.A.M. Summer Program.
Job Title: S.L.A.M. Program Volunteer
Location: The S.L.A.M. program is conducted in St. Catharines, Niagara Falls and Welland during the months of July and August 2018.
• Assists the program head instructor and other instructors with the delivery of the Summer S.L.A.M. program;
• Promotes safety of participants during all the program activities;
• Motivates and encourage participants in achieving their goals;
• Takes initiative when assisting staff and interacting with participants
Reports to: Program Head Instructor and Program Coordinator
• Attending training session
• Responsible for transportation to and from program locations
• Must fill out time sheets
• Reporting to Program Head Instructor and Program Coordinator
Great Big Theatre Company, St Catharines, Theatre Day Camps
Volunteers will assist our Camp Counselors in implementing our Summer Acting Camp agenda. This entails helping produce plays, dance choreography, visual theatre arts, drama games