You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Transportation / Driver / Delivery
There are 7 record(s) that match your criteria.
2. Drive the truck to the scheduled stops
3. Drive the truck back from the scheduled stops to the designated location (St. Catharines)
4. Complete truck logs
5. Inspect and complete truck closing procedure report at the end of the shift
6. Follow Ministry of Transportation regulations and all applicable road safety standards
7. Ensure the safety of all staff and volunteers on the truck each evening
8. Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Mobile Outreach Worker
1.Like and share our facebook page!
2.Collect gently used (pre-loved) clean, working toys, clothes, personal hygiene samples + stuff, on some occasions we collect non perishable foods, linens, bedding, furniture, dishes, pots pans ++++ We help people all over Niagara Region.
3.Drop off homes for people in your home area to drop off, and hold until you have some stuff to pick up or drop off to main Port Colborne location.
4. Volunteers are needed for our toy drive + food drive every year
5. Adopt a family through us for Christmas (by giving gently used items to them) Pick a family, wrap the gifts and deliver them to the family yourself! (Starts in November)
6. Also Adoption program for Easter as well. Starts the month before the holiday!
7. Collect pop tabs.. we collect for March of Dimes
8. Gather items (gently used items*) for our monthly family that we are assisting as a group* Join our facebook page for the info on who they are and how you can help!
9. We have a birthday club (We give gently used gifts to people who cannot afford it for their children)
10. We are consistently holding free clubs, free events to help in the community please get involved on our facebook and let us know what you are interested in joining as it comes up!
11. We are always looking for drivers, pick ups, storage for our gently used things. Volunteers of all sorts!
Provide one-on-one sighted assistance and companionship for a person who is blind or partially sighted. Assist in activities of the client’s choosing, at his/her home or in the community, including reading, organizing, walking, running errands, and friendly visiting.
(2-4 hours Monthly)
Deliver presentations to community organizations, schools, senior centres and professional groups; represent CNIB at community information forums (health fairs); if you are a CNIB client, consider sharing your personal stories to raise awareness about vision loss, vision health, and CNIB.
Partnered with a CNIB Ambassador, directly assist someone who is blind or partially sighted with their community presentations. Drive client to determined location, help set up display and help to ensure things go smoothly.
Leadership Committee and Public Relations:
Assist in shaping and implementing CNIB’s local strategies around Vision Health, Volunteer Support, Fundraising and Client Services. You can help CNIB build and maintain a strong community presence.
We have a whole calendar for activities events and outings that we need volunteers for.