You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Board of Directors
There are 4 record(s) that match your criteria.
• Responsible for the effective governance and strategic leadership of Women’s Place
• Influence the strategic plan for Women’s Place
• Attend monthly board meetings and the Annual General Meeting
• Participate as a member of at least one board committee (often requiring attendance at monthly meetings)
• Represent the agency in the communities Women’s Place serves
• Commit time as required to fulfill the responsibilities of a board member
We encourage candidates with:
• Experience with not-for-profit organizations
• Strong networking and communication skills
• Competency in one or more of the following areas: Organizational Management, Finance, Legal Services, Human Resources, Fundraising, Marketing/Public Relations, Government Relations or Advocacy. Please note that for this vacancy preference will be given to applicants with legal qualifications (or extensive experience/exposure in this area).
Board members hold office for a term of two years with renewal options for two subsequent two-year terms (six years in total). Board meetings typically take place at 6 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of each month at our Niagara Falls shelter, Nova House. A more detailed description of this volunteer position can be found on the Women’s Place website at www.womensplacesn.org.
Questions regarding Women’s Place or the application process can be directed to Jennifer McQuestion, Community Engagement Manager at email@example.com or 905-356-3933, ext 239. Applications will continue to be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
Board Member recruitment occurs during the spring of each year, with selection and voting of candidates at the Annual General Meeting in September each year.
We are looking for individual(s) who reside or work in one of the Central South Communities which are: Niagara Region, Hamilton, Brantford/Brant County, Haldimand/Norfolk Counties, Waterloo Region, Guelph/Wellington County, and Halton Region. Additionally, individuals must be:
- able to commit to a monthly evening meeting
- familiar with a policy governance model
The office and monthly Board meetings are currently in St. Catharines. However tele-meeting options can be explored.