You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Food Services / Nutrition
There are 14 record(s) that match your criteria.
Please visit our website to complete a volunteer application form and to learn more about our medical screening requirements and volunteer intake process.
VOLUNTEERS PLAY A VITAL ROLE AT HOTEL DIEU SHAVER HEALTH & REHABILITATION CENTRE!
WE NEED YOUR HELP!!
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN:
NEVADA BREAK-OPEN TICKET BOOTH
Saturday & Sunday 1-3:30pm
These services provide funds for much needed medical equipment and enhance efficient operation of our services.
Make a Difference - Volunteer!
The program is designed to be FUN and interactive through games, discussions and snack time.
You can check out this short video for more information about the mentor role
- Assist in cleaning up dishes after each meal
- Assist in tidying and mopping floors, etc.
- Assist in helping move donations when required
- Garbage removal
- Help prepare meals, i.e., peeling, cutting, cooking, etc.
- Maintain health regulations/standards while working in kitchen
*do food and beverage preparation
*maintain clean and organized environment
- Duties can include:
wrapping presents, collecting canned goods, face painting, helping children pick gifts out, helping kids check out their gifts, hand out treats at out November 28th 2015.
We are constantly looking for help:
We do many activities within Niagara Region.
We are constantly looking for gently used items for families.kids and seniors.
We need people to set up or this event in the morning of November 28th
October through November
We need storage places, people to pick up donations in their own areas, or be drop off locations for November.
We need people to collect gently used items.
No Fixed Address is a 24 hour Live-Out-of-Your-Car-a-Thon to raise awareness about poverty and homelessness in the Niagara Region, in addition to raising much needed funds for YWCA’s programs and services. Like a marathon or a walk-a-thon, participants will gather sponsorships from friends and family and take part in an event that gives them a taste of what it is like to have to live in their car.
When: Friday, June 8 - Saturday, June 9
Volunteer times take place Friday morning, afternoon, and evening and Saturday morning.
Where: General Motors, 570 Glendale Ave., St. Catharines
Please note that the event location is not accessible via public transit. Volunteers will be responsible for having reliable transportation to and from the event.
Volunteers will help with:
- Activities & Entertainment
- Traffic control
- Anything else that helps make this event a success!
To sign up, please complete the online registration form at http://www.nfaniagara.com/volunteer/.
2. Follow proper hygiene and food safety standards
3. Ensure food is cooked and stored at the right temperatures
4. Ensure proper cleaning of the kitchen before, during and after cooking
5. Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Mobile Outreach Worker
2. Assist in putting food into bags
3. Interact with clients (e.g. asking clients how they are doing, what they like and what they do not like based on the menu for the night, etc.)
4. Serve food to clients
5. Follow proper hygiene procedures at all times on the truck when handling and distributing food
6. Assist in cleaning the truck after the scheduled stops
- Follow a pre-existing training program with room for individualization