You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Field Trip Aide / Community Outing Support
There are 8 record(s) that match your criteria.
**** We are also looking for volunteer singing/ entertainment groups ****
Provide one-on-one sighted assistance and companionship for a person who is blind or partially sighted. Assist in activities of the client’s choosing, at his/her home or in the community, including reading, organizing, walking, running errands, and friendly visiting.
(2-4 hours Monthly)
Deliver presentations to community organizations, schools, senior centres and professional groups; represent CNIB at community information forums (health fairs); if you are a CNIB client, consider sharing your personal stories to raise awareness about vision loss, vision health, and CNIB.
Partnered with a CNIB Ambassador, directly assist someone who is blind or partially sighted with their community presentations. Drive client to determined location, help set up display and help to ensure things go smoothly.
Leadership Committee and Public Relations:
Assist in shaping and implementing CNIB’s local strategies around Vision Health, Volunteer Support, Fundraising and Client Services. You can help CNIB build and maintain a strong community presence.
Trained volunteers will provide group outings and workshops to those experiencing mental illness. The Volunteer will create an environment where clients can actively engage and learn about various social, leisure and recreational activities. The objective is to promote, support and/or encourage independence the areas of social, leisure and recreational skills, working with the Case Manager (CM) and client’s pre-stated goals. This role is non-clinical.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide group support to clients out in the community to enhance in the development of social, recreational and leisure skills
• Engage in various activities including: gardening, music, arts and crafts, yoga, cooking/nutrition, physical fitness/recreational activities, sports, etc.
• Develop ice breakers to encourage participation between clients
• Receive feedback from clients using evaluation forms
• Consult with professional program staff (CM) as needed and maintain communication on a monthly basis (minimum) with Volunteer Coordinator
• Provide encouragement and support to client in reaching program goals
• May provide some life skills coaching at the direction of the professional program staff (taking bus, home organization etc.)
• Maintain privacy and confidentiality of client partner outside of reporting responsibilities with professional staff
• Develop case notes after each group outing/workshop
• Log hours and mileage
Essential Job Requirements:
• Able to provide support and encouragement to people experiencing mental health issues to enhance their quality of life
• Minimum age of 18
• Willing to:
- Provide application information and participate in a selection interview
- Participate in volunteer orientation and ongoing training sessions specific to role
- Participate in match closure meeting at end of commitment
- Submit to a police records check
- Provide the names of two credible references
- Participate in an evaluation meeting
- Sign a confidentiality statement
- Background in social service field and those with lived experience an asset