Niagara Falls (City of), Niagara Falls - MacBain Community Centre, Recreation and Culture - The Park in the City Committee
City of Niagara Falls
The Fall Community Clean Sweep Day event brings volunteers together who collectively help to clean the city of debris. Twice each year, volunteers scatter throughout parks, trails, walkways and main street boulevards with recycling and garbage bags, collecting litter to enhance the city’s environment.
Event will take place rain or shine, unless the conditions become dangerous. In case of a rain out, this event will not be re-scheduled.
See link below for more information and to register online.
Albright Centre, Albright Manor
To assist the maintenance department in putting up Christmas lights around the exterior of the building.
This involves untangling lights, stringing lights through short trees, laying on garden beds around the building etc.
Many hands make light work for a job like this, it would only take no more than 5 hours.
Habitat for Humanity Niagara, ReStore
150 Bunting Road
•Provide customer service
•General housekeeping tasks.
•Assist with merchandise pick ups
•Assist in loading and unloading merchandise from customer’s vehicles and ReStore vehicles
•Repair damaged merchandise
•Assist in moving merchandise onto the sales floor
Community Support Services of Niagara, St Catharines, Administration
Clients' homes. Client and Buddie will be matched geographically
Snow/Leaf Buddie volunteer matched with senior or adult with disability. Volunteer responsible for keeping walkway and driveway clear of snow and ice in the winter; and rake leaves in the Fall or Spring. Matched with a neighbour, or someone that lives in walking distance. Orientation before being matched.
More Information: http://www.slideshare.net/SnowBuddiesCSSN/leaf-snow-buddies-online-orientation-2013
YWCA Niagara Region, Main Administration Office
St. Catharines: 183 King St ; Niagara Falls: 6135 Culp St.
- Assist our maintenance supervisor with various repairs and renovations within the housing properties.
- Assist with general repairs and maintenance of the buildings
- Assist with completing yard work and other outdoor maintenance
- Indoor activities include sweeping, vacuuming, washing windows
Habitat for Humanity Niagara
• Provide assistance with salvage operations which may include careful removal / recovery of kitchen cabinets, vanities, fixtures, appliances, light fixtures, store fixtures, shelving, counters including laminate, granite and other solid materials etc.
• Salvage operations are mainly in residential homes but may include commercial and institutional settings.
• Assist with assembly and return of tools and equipment.
• Maintain safe working practices and safe lifting techniques to protect self and team members.
• Use safety equipment when appropriate and / or when directed by team leader.
• Makes sure that the work area has been cleaned before leaving the site (vacuuming, dust, etc.)
• Promote and maintain the brand of Habitat for Humanity.
Goodwill Industries Niagara, St Catharines - Glendale Plaza, Retail Store and Training Centre
All retail locations
Retail volunteers will help put out merchandise in the store and organize clothing racks by item, colour, and size. You might also straighten merchandise, organize a specific department such as books or linens, put out special holiday goods and other related projects. You will also have the opportunity to develop knowledge about the customer service field and practise your skills within Goodwill’s retail environment. As part of your training, you will gain experience in sales and customer service techniques, merchandising, and loss prevention.
Niagara Furniture Bank
53 Ontario Streeet, St Catharines (Office and Warehouse)
Sorting linens, towels, kitchen ware, and other household items.
Steam cleaning furniture.
Organising the warehouse