|Record #: NIA2755||Last Modified: 13 Apr 2018||Last Full Update: 27 Oct 2017|
|Primary Contact||Karen Dolyniuk, Chief Development Officer; Phone: 905-685-7395 ext 205; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Sandy Rempel, Family Services Manager; Phone: 905-685-7365 ext 403; Email: email@example.com|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Angela Daley, Manager, Volunteer Engagement; Phone: 905-685-7395 ext 402; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Primary Executive||Alastair Davis, Chief Executive Officer; Phone: 905-685-7395 ext 207; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Executive||Nick Golia, Chair|
|Areas Served||Niagara Region|
|Located In Community||St Catharines|
|Address & Map||
150 Bunting Rd
St Catharines, ON L2P 3G5
View Google Map
|Intersection||Eastchester Ave and Bunting Rd|
|Service and Access Details|
|Description (Service)||An independent, charitable, home building organization dedicated to the elimination of poverty housing by building homes in partnership with families in need. Habitat Niagara builds simple, decent, and affordable houses and provides interest-free mortgages to families needing adequate shelter, who would otherwise not be able to purchase their own home. The Habitat program is about home ownership and providing a long-term solution designed to break the poverty cycle. Building costs are kept low by the use of volunteer labour and the donation of funds and building materials.
Habitat for Humanity Niagara is an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity Canada.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm|
|Eligibility||Volunteers must be 16 and older|
|Application||Volunteer - online application at www.habitatniagara.ca
Home Application Steps:
* Applicants must attend a Family Homeownership Information Meeting, which is scheduled when a home is available.
* Applications are handed out at the meeting and must be completed and returned to the office by the specified date.
* The Family Services Committee will review all applications and qualify potential families through credit history checks, reference and employment checks, and other means.
* The Family Services Committee will visit and interview the families who have been chosen to move forward in the selection process.
* The Family Services Committee will meet to review the information that has been gathered during the visits, and select families to recommend.
* Recommended families will be presented to Habitat for Humanity Niagara’s management for final approval.
Note: The application process may take up to 4 months to complete.
To learn more about our Homeownership Program, contact Sandy at 905-685-7395 ext 403 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Fees||Program ; Partner families purchase a Habitat home through a no-down payment, no-interest mortgage with monthly payments set at no more than 25% of the family's gross monthly income.|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit|
|Funding||Grants ; Fundraising|
|Meetings||Board of Directors meet monthly.
Committees meet monthly or as required.
|Service Categories||Subsidized Home Acquisition|
|Print Material||Newsletter, Brochures, Annual Report.|