Wendigo Lake Expeditions Inc
Service: Project Dare
|Record #: NIA2729||Last Modified: 24 Jan 2018||Last Full Update: 08 Mar 2017|
|Toll Free Phone||1-866-730-5328|
|Primary Contact||Stephen Glass, Executive Director; Phone: 705-386-2345 ext 221; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Jeremie Carreau, Deputy Director; Phone: 705-386-2376 ext 217; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Located In Community||South River|
|Address & Map||
501 DARE Rd
Ballantyne Township, District of Nipissing, ON P0A 1X0
|Intersection||Ontario St and Ottawa Ave|
|Mailing Address||c/o Wendigo Lake Expeditions
PO Box 2000
South River, ON P0A 1X0
|Service and Access Details|
|Description (Service)||Residential treatment adventure therapy wilderness programs that specialize in working with male adolescents with behavioral problems, mental health, poor grades, and substance abuse dependencies.
* R.E.A.C.H. 'Stepping Stones': Residential treatment - 8 beds
* Project D.A.R.E.: Open custody therapeutic adventure - 10 beds
* ACHIEVE: Customized therapeutic and professional development programs for agencies, schools, colleges and universities. Program length varies, coed and single gender.
* SOLO Canada: Wilderness First Responder, Advanced and Standard First Aid and CPR certifications
|Hours||Office Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm * Service Mon-Sun 24 hours|
|Eligibility||Ages: 13 year(s) - 18 year(s)
|Application||* R.E.A.C.H.: Referrals for residential treatment may be made by the parent or agency which has authority to approve placement and payment of the per diem rate.
* Project D.A.R.E: Referrals must originate from Probation Officers.
* ACHIEVE programs: May be contracted by any individual or organization.
* SOLO Canada: Individual enrolment and contracted group enrolment.
Referral information will be reviewed prior to an assessment interview between the youth and a member of the admissions team.
|Languages||English - Reception, Website, Programs, Publications|
|Fees||Program - Project DARE: Funded, no client cost * ACHIEVE: Contracted services * SOLO Canada: Fees based on course offered. * R.E.A.C.H.: Per diem rate applies|
|Physical Access||Not Accessible|
|Funding||Fees ; Project DARE 10 beds open custody funded by Ontario * REACH Stepping Stones Treatment Program - approved per diem* ACHIEVE programs - short term wilderness treatment programs and customized short term and community programs for group homes, schools, college and university groups provided based on negotiated fees|
|Service Categories||Therapeutic Camps ~ At Risk Youth ; Therapeutic Camps ~ Young Offenders|
|Resources||Program information is available upon request.|