|Record #: NIA1683||Last Modified: 16 Oct 2018||Last Full Update: 30 Apr 2018|
|Public Comments||New hours in effect as of Apr 30, 2018. The following changes will be effective year round: Mon-Thu 9 am-8 pm, Fri & Sat 9 am-5 pm.|
|Primary Contact||Alicia Subnaik Kilgour, CEO / Chief Librarian; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Areas Served||Niagara Falls|
|Located In Community||Niagara Falls|
|Address & Map||
4848 Victoria Ave
Niagara Falls, ON L2E 4C5
View Google Map
|Intersection||Victoria Ave and Morrison St|
|Service and Access Details|
|Description (Service)||Provides public library service to serve the informational, educational, cultural and recreational needs of the community.
Also provides the following:
* Free legal advice first Mon of the month
* Free computer and Internet training classes held on a regular basis
* Visiting Library Service now available for those unable to get to the library due to age, illness or disability
* Meeting rooms available for rent
* Recording studio with iMac workstations, audio & video recording, mixing & editing software, digital piano, electric & acoustic guitars and other musical instruments, video camers, green screen and lighting kit, 3D printers: Makerbot 2 and Formlabs.
* Media conversion equipment: 8mm film, super 8 film, VHS & VHSC tapes, slides & vinyl LPs to digital.
* Sewing machine
* Children's department offers a variety of programs, activities and materials to stimulate reading and literacy.
* Available (during regular operating hours) as a warming centre when temperatures are exceptionally cold
|Hours||Mon-Thu 9 am-8 pm, Fri-Sat 9 am-5 pm, Sun 11 am- 3 pm, Oct-Apr|
|Application||Visit the library to obtain a membership card. Identification and address will be required.|
|Fees||Membership - Non-Resident cards available for an annual membership fee of $25 ; Library cards are free to residents and taxpayers of the City of Niagara Falls|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Automatic front and back door with ramp at back of building; Accessible parking at back of building; Accessible washrooms|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit|
|Service Categories||Children's Library Services ; Computer and Related Technology Classes ; Extreme Cold Warming Centres ; Home Library Services ; Legal Counselling ; Public Libraries|
|Events||Adult, teen and children's events offered on an ongoing basis. Please check website for details.|