Service: Foster Care Services
|Record #: NIA0977||Last Modified: 20 Jun 2018||Last Full Update: 08 Mar 2018|
|Toll Free Phone||1-888-937-7731|
|TTY Phone||TTY 905-937-8105|
|Primary Contact||Ann Godfrey, Director of Development & Public Relations; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Primary Executive||Anna Bozza, Executive Director|
|Alternate Executive||Brian Eckhardt, Board President|
|Areas Served||Niagara Region|
|Located In Community||St Catharines|
|Address & Map||
82 Hannover Dr
St Catharines, ON L2W 1A4
View Google Map
|Intersection||Martindale Rd and QEW|
|Mailing Address||PO Box 24028
St Catharines, ON L2R 7P7
|Service and Access Details|
|Description (Service)||Foster parents provide a safe home and a temporary solution for children (birth - 16 yrs). They do not assume legal guardianship of a child in their care. FACS coordinates foster care application, placement and supports.
* Ongoing training for foster parents to support continued skill development.
* Financial compensation to assist with living expenses, medical/dental coverage, clothing, school costs and recreational expenses.
* Comprehensive case management, access to services in the community, and collaborative planning for the child.
* Monthly support groups
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm * Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4 pm, Jul-Aug|
|Eligibility||* Good physical and mental health
* No criminal record, no record of child abuse, neglect or domestic violence in the home
* Residence stability
* Financial stability
* Open to and respectful of all religions, backgrounds, sexual orientations, cultures, and lifestyles
* A lifestyle that can accommodate children
|Application||Call to speak with a Resources Intake worker for a phone screening interview.
Application includes police checks, a medical, a home safety review, series of interviews and extensive pre-service training program that must be completed before approved.
Application process takes approximately 6-9 months.
|Languages||English ; French ; Interpretive Services - if necessary|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit|
|Funding||Provincial - Ministry of Community & Social Services; Ministry of Children and Youth Services; Ministry of the Attorney General ; Donations|
|Meetings||Monthly board meetings, AGM|
|Service Categories||Foster Parent/Family Recruitment|
|Resources||Annual Report, Parent Guide, newsletter, brochures about agency programs and services|
|Events||AGM, fund raising events|