|Record #: NIA0922||Last Modified: 26 Oct 2020||Last Full Update: 26 Oct 2020|
|Areas Served||Brant County ; Haldimand County ; Hamilton (City of) ; Mississauga First Nation ; Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation ; Niagara Region ; Norfolk County ; Six Nations of the Grand River|
|Located In Community||Thorold|
|Address & Map||
3280 Schmon Pkwy
Thorold, ON L2V 4Y6
View Google Map
|Intersection||St David's Rd and Merrittville Hwy|
|Service and Access Details|
|Description (Service)||Offers a wide range of outreach services to adults who have special needs
Behaviour Support Services
For adults with special needs who require assistance with individualized behavioural intervention strategies. Supports assist the individual as well as staff and other care providers.
Provides the following:
* individualized consultation, assessment, and defined strategies to address challenging behaviours;
* training and follow up on Behaviour Support Plans and strategies;
* group therapy sessions;
* additional connections with other community services and the Community Response Program to address intense challenging behaviours; and
* education and training to individuals, staff and care providers.
All Behaviour Support Plans are approved through a Consulting Psychologist.
Chaplaincy and Bereavement Support Services
* Chaplaincy Services are responsive to the needs of individuals, families, and staff for prayer, worship, Bible teaching, spiritual counsel, bereavement support and caring relationships. Weekly services are held at Bethesda’s Fly Road Chapel and in the community.
* Bereavement Support Services are provided on an individual basis or as a group. Bereavement Support Group sessions assist individuals in dealing with the grief they are experiencing from the loss of a loved one.
Twin Lakes Clinical Services
Registered professionals provide:
* Specialized assessments including: psychiatric, psychological, social work, communication, and swallowing;
* A variety of treatment services including psychiatric and mental health care, treatment of a variety of traumas, swallowing/feeding interventions, communications supports and other interventions;
* Education and training in collaboration with other community supports to individuals, families, caregivers, and school and agency staff.
Dual Diagnosis Justice Case Management
For individuals who have been found or suspected to have a special need as well as a mental health concern (including challenging behaviour) and have been or are currently involved in the justice system. Provides short-term intensive case management supports to individuals.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up
|Application||By referral through Developmental Services Ontario 289-477-5305 or 1-877-376-4674|
|Languages||English ; French - Website|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit|
|Service Categories||Bereavement Counselling ~ Developmental Disabilities ; Case/Care Management ~ Dual Diagnosis ~ Ex-Offenders ; Case/Care Management ~ Dual Diagnosis ~ Offenders ; Mental Health Evaluation ~ Developmental Disabilities ; Outreach Programs ~ Developmental Disabilities|