|Record #: NIA0877||Last Modified: 04 Apr 2018||Last Full Update: 04 Apr 2018|
|Primary Contact||Ryan Barton, Manager|
|Primary Executive||Michael Lethby, Executive Director|
|Areas Served||Niagara Region|
|Located In Community||St Catharines|
|Address & Map||
17 Centre St
St Catharines, ON L2R 3A6
|Intersection||Niagara St and Geneva St|
|Service and Access Details|
|Description (Service)||Offer support services, programs and resources to at risk youth. Services include:
* Emergency Shelter: Youth are given access to a bed, showers and meals and also programming including the Steps to Independent Living program, recreation and social activities and cooking programs. Also, offers emergency shelter to victims of human trafficking as well as crisis support and referrals.
* Drop-in Centre: A place for youth to connect with peers and receive mentoring and support. Youth will have access to meals, phones and Wi-Fi, shower and laundry facilities, crisis counselling and the clothing closet and food cupboard. Youth will also have access to the Steps to Independent Living program and recreational programs.
* Youth Reconnect: Connects individuals in unstable living conditions with the services they need without them having to leave their home community. Referrals can be made by anyone and a Youth Worker will contact you within 24 hours.
* After School Programs: In partnership with over 15 different service providers, the RAFT operates six After School Programs for youth. Programs offer free and accessible recreation, leisure and educational opportunities.
* Youth in Transition: Supports youth, ages 16-24, in their successful transition out of the child welfare system into adulthood. Workers assist help youth to develop and pursue their goals, and will support them to identify access and navigate adult service systems relevant to their specific needs.
* Eternal Routes: Connects homeless youth unable to live with their parents and Crown wards aging out of foster care with relatives who would be willing to provide the youth with the support they need to transition into adulthood and avoid homelessness.
* Youth Housing First: Assists youth who are chronically or episodically homeless find independent and permanent housing within their communities. Workers help youth to develop and pursue their goals, and will support them to identify, access and navigate service systems relevant to their specific needs.
|Hours||General Inquiries Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm * The RAFT Mon-Sun 24 hours * Drop-In Centre Mon-Sun 6 pm-9 pm|
|Eligibility||At risk youth ages 16-24 including victims of human trafficking * After school programs, youth 10-16|
|Application||Call or walk-in for service|
|Physical Access||Partially Accessible - Parking - Usable; Entrance - Usable, Washroom - Accessible|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit|
|Funding||Donations ; United Way - St Catharines and District ; Community Foundations and Service Clubs|
|Service Categories||Drop In Centres ~ At Risk Youth ; Homeless Permanent Supportive Housing ~ Youth ~ Housing First Organizational Perspective ; Juvenile/Youth Shelters ; Juvenile/Youth Shelters ~ Victims of Human Trafficking ; Life Skills Education ~ At Risk Youth ; Supervised Living for Older Youth|