Kristen French Child Advocacy Centre Niagara
|Record #: NIA0681||Last Modified: 24 Aug 2020||Last Full Update: 24 Aug 2020|
|Primary Contact||Georgia Nichols, Office Coordinator; Phone: 905-937-5435 ext 7000; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Keegan Kaior, Program Coordinator; Phone: 905-937-5435 ext 7024; Email: email@example.com|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Susanne McCarroll, Resource Development Coordinator; Phone: 905-937-5435 ext 7034; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Primary Executive||Janet Handy, Executive Director; Phone: 905-937-5435 ext 7001; Email: email@example.com|
|Areas Served||Niagara Region|
|Located In Community||St Catharines|
|Address & Map||
8 Forster St
St Catharines, ON L2N 1Z9
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||Forster St and Scott St|
|Service and Access Details|
* Core staff continuing to work on-site with social distancing and safety/cleaning measures. Limited volunteers on site.
* All Committee meetings held via Zoom Meetings.
* All arts and trauma group programs moved to online format until further notice. To register for the Fall please contact Keegan Kaior at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905)937-5435 ext 7024.
* Counselling partner the Family Counselling Services Niagara has moved all counselling appointments to their main office and can be reached at (905) 937-7731 ext 3345 or visit their website for further information at https://www.fccniagara.on.ca/
* Please look to our social media for notices and updates regarding upcoming events
A safe place to help, heal and end child abuse for children and youth throughout Niagara who have experienced alleged physical abuse, sexual abuse, become the targets of internet luring, or were the unwilling witness of violence. The environment is child-focused and private, providing a safe and non-threatening space for children/youth to disclose their abuse experiences to specially trained teams from the Niagara Regional Police Service and Family and Children’s Services Niagara who respectively, investigate to determine criminal charges and protection needs.
These professionals conduct joint, forensic interviews that provide recorded evidence to take forward through the justice system. Mental health professionals from Family Counseling Centre Niagara provide much needed follow-up support at no cost and without a wait list. The existence of the Kristen French CACN minimizes the number of times children must tell their story, reducing the trauma of disclosure and ensures a coordinated, cost-effective delivery of service to Niagara’s children, youth and their supportive family members.
Opened in 2008, Kristen French CACN is a registered charity that serves Niagara’s 12 municipalities, helping children and families cope with the life altering impacts of child abuse.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm * Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4 pm, Jul-Aug|
|Eligibility||Children 17 years and younger|
|Application||Abuse must first be reported to Family and Children’s Services Niagara: 905-937-7731 or 1-888-937-7731 or Niagara Regional Police Service: 905-688-4111|
|Languages||English - Reception, Website, Programs, Publications ; French - some Program presentations & materials will be in French in 2019-20|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit|
|Funding||Provincial - Ontario Trillium Foundation ; Fundraising ; Donations ; Project specific and time limited: Ontario Trillium Foundation, Foundations, corporate and service clubs; Fundraising: events, donations, campaigns and individuals; Partner Support: NRPS|
|Meetings||Annual General Meeting May|
|Service Categories||Child Advocacy Centres ; Child Sexual Abuse Counselling|
|Print Material||Nnnual report, brochures, website education and awareness|
|Events||Annual Kids Golfing for Kids, Amazing Race Niagara, Playhouse Build & Auction, Spotlight Gala
Cathy's Kids Fall 2019 please call the office at 905 937 5435 Ext 7001
A free 12 week arts and education group for pre-teens ages 9-11 who have experienced abuse and have completed ther investigation process with Family and Children’s Services Niagara and/or Niagara Regional Police Service.
* Participants will focus on using creativity as a vehicle to enhance resilience in response to the experience of child abuse.
* Topics include: age-appropriate information on defining abuse, managing emotions, risky behaviour, understanding the self,
impact of social media, family and friend challenges, building self-esteem and resiliency.
* Registration forms are available on the website and the registration deadline is September 15th, 2019