Site: Welland - Serenity Place
Service: Women's Place of South Niagara
|Record #: NIA0627||Last Modified: 09 Sep 2020||Last Full Update: 06 Feb 2020|
|Office Phone||905-732-4632 ; 905-356-3933|
|Crisis Phone||Call or text 905-788-0113 (collect calls accepted)|
|Primary Contact||Amanda Braet, Development Director, Women's Place of South Niagara; Phone: 905-356-3933 ext 240; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Jennifer McQuestion, Community Engagement Manager, Women's Place of South Niagara; Phone: 905-356-3933 ext 239; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Primary Executive||Jennifer Gauthier, Executive Director; Phone: 905-356-3933 ext 223|
|Areas Served||Pelham ; Port Colborne ; Wainfleet ; Welland - and surrounding areas|
|Located In Community||Welland|
|Mailing Address||8903 McLeod Rd
Niagara Falls, ON L2H 3N5
|Service and Access Details|
* All in-person, non-crisis outreach services at the shelter and satellite locations are temporarily suspended, including: counselling, child and youth services, transitional & housing support, family court support/legal advocacy.
* Support lines will continue to operate.
* For non-urgent support, please email.
* Existing outreach clients can also access over-the-phone support directly from the staff member(s) they have been working with: https://womensplacesn.org/contact/staff-directory/.
* Shelter services will continue and COVID-19 screening processes and safety procedures will be in place.
* All non-essential visits to shelters have been suspended. Donors, community partners, volunteers and other supporters are asked not to visit our shelters at this time.
Provides shelter and services for women and children experiencing abuse. Services include:
* 24-hour support line
* Counseling and emotional support for women and children/youth who are being or who have been abused
* Development of safety plans
* Transitional and housing support
* Public education programs
Family Court Support Worker Program -- information on the family court process * assistance in preparing for family court proceedings (documenting history of abuse, accessing Legal Aid) * referral to specialized services and supports in the community * safety planning * court accompaniment to proceedings when appropriate
Services are available on an in-shelter or office visit basis.
|Hours||Support Line/Shelter Services Mon-Sun 24 hours * Administration Mon-Thu 9 am-5 pm, Fri 9 am-1 pm|
|Eligibility||Women experiencing abuse and their children.
Family Court Support Worker Program -- victims of domestic violence involved in the family court process
|Application||Women are asked to contact the support line at 905-788-0113 to speak with a trained women's intervention advocate. Each situation will be assessed and formal support will be provided based on the situation.|
|Languages||English ; Interpretive Services|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit|
|Funding||Regional / Municipal ; Provincial - Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services ; Donations ; United Way - South Niagara|
|Service Categories||Crime Victim Accompaniment Services ~ Abused Women ; Crime Victim Safety Planning ~ Abused Women ; Domestic Violence Shelters ; Spouse/Intimate Partner Abuse Counselling|
|Print Material||Women's Place publishes an agency brochure that outlines agency services. Copies of the agency's gratitude (annual) report are also available on request and are available online at www.womensplacesn.org|
|Events||* Brunch, Bid & Bowl - Brunch and auctions at Club Italia and bowling at Cataract Bowl (Mar)
* Women's Place Book Riot - Canada's biggest charitable used book sale at the Gale Centre (Jun-2020 event cancelled due to COVID-19)
* Join the WAVE! - 5 KM beach party-themed fundraising walk at the Seaway Mall (Nov)