Site: Niagara Region Branch
|Record #: NIA0446||Last Modified: 24 May 2016||Last Full Update: 24 May 2016|
|Description & Services|
|Description (Service)||Provides the following services for 11 of the 12 municipalities in Niagara:
* First Aid Training
* First Aid Kit & AED (sales) - distributor of WSIB First aid kits and Philips Automatic External Defibrillators (AED's) and home, sports and personal first aid kits
* Medical First Responders - trained and equipped volunteers respond to any medical or traumatic emergencies that may occur during a community event.
* Youth Cadet programs - Cadets meet one evening a week at the St Catharines location from September through May. Emphasis on safety and First Aid training.
* Therapy Dog programs - provides therapeutic visitations to people who are confined to institutions such as nursing homes, long-term care facilities, and hospitals across Niagara. Members and their dogs often participate in various displays, presentations, and parades. Also run the "Paws 4 Stories" program which encourages the reluctant reader to sit with a therapy dog and read without judgment.
* Car Seat Safety Technicians - provides certified Car Seat Technicians who educate and evaluate the safe installation of infant/child car seats and boosters. Appointments necessary for car seat checks.
In addition to the training site at 219 Church St, St Catharines, The NIagara Region Branch operates a training centre at 77 Division Street in Welland at the Holy Trinity Anglican Church. To register for courses being held in Welland contact the Niagara Region Branch or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Allanburg ; Fonthill ; Fort Erie - and surrounding area ; Grimsby ; Lincoln ; Niagara-on-the-Lake ; Pelham ; Port Colborne ; St Catharines ; Thorold ; Wainfleet ; Welland ; Wellandport ; West Lincoln|
|Application||Call to register for courses or to find out about volunteer opportunities|
|Fees||Training: course fees set based on course enrolled.
Services to the community are paid for through donations & course fees.
|Toll Free Phone||1-888-368-8413|
|Primary Contact||Sandra Ugulini, Training Coordinator, St. Catharines Training Site; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Deborah Gagne, Training Coordinator, Welland Training Site; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Primary Executive||Marcia Young, Branch Manager; Phone: 905-685-8964 ext 206; Email: email@example.com|
|Located In Community||St Catharines|
|Address & Map||
219 Church St
St Catharines, ON L2R 3E8
View Google Map
|Intersection||Church St and Niagara St|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit ; (80) United Way|
|Funding||Donations ; United Way ; Donations; United Way
Donations from the community.
Revenue; Training Courses and Niagara Community Foundation.