Site: St Catharines - Geneva St
Service: Fire and Emergency Management Services
|Record #: NIA0255||Last Modified: 11 Nov 2020||Last Full Update: 11 Nov 2020|
|Office Phone||Administration 905-684-4311 ; Fire Prevention Office 905-688-5601 ext 4224|
|TTY Phone||905-688-4889 (905-688-4TTY)|
|Primary Contact||Jeff McCormick, Fire Chief|
|Primary Executive||Jeff McCormick, Fire Chief|
|Areas Served||St Catharines|
|Located In Community||St Catharines|
|Address & Map||
64 Geneva St
St Catharines, ON L2R 4M7
View Google Map
|Intersection||Geneva St and Niagara St|
|Service and Access Details|
|Description (Service)||Fire department serving St Catharines. Provides direction over Communications, Emergency Management, Prevention, Suppression and Training
* If someone's carbon monoxide detector goes off - immediately go to a fresh air location and call for help (911) or call the local fire department - pertinent questions will be asked and they will investigate if necessary.
* For information on regulations and permits pertaining to Fireworks contact the local fire department.
* Local fire departments will do home safety inspections; suggest proper placement of smoke detectors and proper installation of emergency lighting. Will provide information on the Ontario Fire Code (building/dwelling fire safety requirements ie. smoke detectors/carbon monoxide detectors). Fee may be applicable.
* Also provides fire safety literature, speakers. Call the local office to book an appointment.
* If an individual has a complaint with a Fire Department (service/actions) one should first take the matter to the Fire Chief - if that does not bring results - then one should speak to the alderman or the mayor as the Fire Chief reports to Council at City Hall.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Application||Call for information|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Legal Status||(10) Local Government|
|Funding||Regional / Municipal|
|Service Categories||Fire Services|