Southern Ontario Aboriginal Diabetes Initiative (SOADI)
|Address & Map|
8 Clairmont St, Unit 2
Thorold, ON L2V 1R1
View Google Map
|Map Record||View Google Map|
|Toll Free Phone||1-888-514-1370|
|Fax||Toll free 1-866-352-0485|
|Description & Services|
|Areas Served||Brampton ; Halton Region ; Hamilton ; Mississauga ; Niagara Region|
|Description||The Southern Ontario Aboriginal Diabetes Initiative is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-term Care, which provides financial assistance for the development, and enhancement of programs and services focusing on the education, prevention, and management of diabetes in Aboriginal communities, both on and off-reserve. The high prevalence of diabetes in Aboriginal society has placed it among the top health priorities. |
The following are the prioritized strategic objectives of SOADI:
* Develop and distribute culturally appropriate education, promotion and prevention resources based on community needs.
* Advocate, support and promote access to treatment and care options.
* Establish and maintain appropriate networking, through coordination and recommendation of services.
* Identify local and regional service needs related to Diabetes, through data collection.
* Act as a resource for other health and education service providers.
* Gather, share, and support relevant Diabetes research.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Service Categories||Diabetes Management Clinics ~ First Nations Communities|
|See Also Terms||Diabetes Screening ; Foot Screening ; Insulin Injection Supplies ; Wound Clinics|
|Subjects||Diabetes ; Native peoples|