|Record #: NIA0614
||Last Modified: 30 Apr 2013
||Last Full Update: 30 Apr 2013
|Description & Services|
|Description||Public library offering borrowing of books, CDs, DVDs, videos, audio books, and large-print books. Also offering adult, teen and children's programs. Reference and research materials, government documents, telephone books, newspapers, local history collection, inter-library loan service, photocopy and fax machine are available. Free Public Internet Access. Downloadable eBooks, eAudiobooks and Music available through the library's website. |
Various adaptive technology is available to the public. Please see "Accessibility" category. Assistance with this technology is provided through the Information Desk Staff.
|Supplementary Description||Home delivery of reading materials is available to shut-in patrons - Contact the outreach service for the information. |
Honour with Books, Library Appeal and Birthday Books are programs one can support to make a donation to the library to purchase books and materials.
|Hours||Mon-Thu 9 am-9 pm, Fri 9 am-6 pm, Sat 9 am-5 pm * Sun 1 pm-5 pm, October-April|
|Languages||English ; French|
|Fees||None ; None|
|Events||Adult, Children and Teen programs |
Book Clubs and Classic Film events
Summer Reading Program and activities for children.
Summer outdoor entertainment
March Break programs
|Address & Map|
|Located In Community||Welland|
|Intersection||East Main St and Cross St|
|Primary Contact||Stephen Hanns, Manager of Public Services; Phone: 905-734-6210 ext 2502; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Primary Executive||Janet Booth, Chief Executive Officer; Phone: 905-734-6210 ext 2500; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Executive||Melanie Gross-Kerho, Chair|
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible ; The following adaptive technology is available to the public. Assistance with this technology is provided through the Information Desk Staff. |
- ZoomText Screen Magnifier -- enlarges content displayed on the computer screen up to 36 times its normal size. ZoomText can change the screen colour scheme and the pointer size for better visibility. ZoomText is mounted on a public OPAC and an Internet terminal.
- Large print keyboards and oversize monitors are included on the ZoomText workstations.
- JAWS (Job Access with Speech), a screen reading software for people who are visually impaired, is available on an accessible workstation.
- Kurzweil 1000, scanning, writing and reading software for people who are blind or visually impaired is available at the accessible workstation. It works with a flatbed scanner to allow scanned documents to be converted to speech and read back to a user.
- Optelec 20/20 Video Magnification System is available to magnify print documents.
- Individual magnifying sheets are available for use in the library from the Information Desk.
- A hand-held magnifying glass is available for use in the library from the Information Desk.
Family Companion washroom available.
|Service Level||(51) Non Profit Charity|
|Meetings||3rd Mon, Sep-Jun|
|Subjects||Public libraries ; Recreation|